Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 DOT Day 9

Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted.


I have had several friends from our previous church whom I have drifted away from. Part of this is because I did not wish to be divisive in what remains their church. What happened for us there was a pretty messy situation and sometimes it's best to keep your distance and avoid spilling the nastiness onto others. So while the relationships aren't what they once were, the love is definitely still there.  



2 comments:

  1. I dislike when that happens in a church. prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church is made up of sinful people and sometimes we allow Satan to get a foothold. I don't say that to blame Satan for peoples personal decisions. I only mean that when we embrace our sin instead of repent, we are doomed to fail and hurt others as well. So in this instance, Chris and I decided to take the high road and not contribute to the already toxic situation.

    ReplyDelete

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com