Saturday, March 12, 2011

30 DOT Day 18

Your views on gay marriage.


Once again, here is where I offend others and that's okay. I believe that God created man and woman to be together in marriage joined with Him. While I don't think the political arena is where God really wants us to be active, I do believe that marriage is sacred and between one man and one woman. There are many perversions of this; having "relations" outside of marriage, multiple spouses and homosexual relationships to name a few. Notice that I admit there are perversions even within the "straight" community. Sin does not pick and choose, we are all equally susceptible to those traps. Though our struggles may be different, how God wants us to respond to them is the same. James 4:7 says "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."


My aim is not to condemn anyone by my opinions, but to offer hope. There is freedom in Christ. Freedom from being a slave to the sin you're in. God is faithful to forgive and only asks that you humble yourself to His will for your life.



2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. Marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman. That obviously includes God.

    Sinful man, through government wants to be equal to God, or be his own god and so demands marriage be tainted to fit his own needs and wants. It's not enough to them to have "committed partners agreements"

    The corrupting of a society comes when evil is looked at as diversity and allowed to continue, perpetuating the thought, "it it's legal, it must be OK".

    Gay marriage, prostitution, abortion, all illegal a few years ago. Now legal in some or all areas. Gods word about sin is back and white. There is no grey, or wiggle room. Thanks for taking a hard stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks V. I kinda warned folks at the outset that I was going to speak my mind. And those who know me well would expect nothing less LOL. Although traditional values are not very popular, they are what is expected of us. To rationalize it and cave in to sin is exactly what Satan wants and I won't do that. Thanks for the support :)

    ReplyDelete

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com