Sunday, February 27, 2011

30 DOT Day 5

Something you hope to do in your life.


When you're a kid, people always ask you what you want to be when you grow up. Well, I'm 31 and still don't have a concrete answer. At one point in my life, a successful career would have been the answer but now my priorities have changed. For a while my calling was to be in full time ministry at a church, and I did that to the best of my ability. However, at this stage in my life, I hope that I can be the best wife and Mommy that I can be. God has called me to do those two things before anything else. Somedays that is easier to accept than others. 


God provides for us and Chris is a very hard worker so financially we can afford for me to be at home. But there are times that I struggle with not "bringing home the bacon". My mom was always a hard worker and managed to be a mother. Sometimes I feel that I don't live up to her standards. She was not perfect by no means, but she did always try her best.


Not to mention that I flunked out of Suzy Homemaker Class, either that or I skipped it altogether probably to do something I shouldn't have been. So while God has called me to this task, it is still something that I have to hope for. I have not achieved perfection nor do I expect to, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


I will sing a Song of Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com