Friday, February 25, 2011

30 DOT Day 3

Something you have to forgive yourself for




I need to forgive myself for mistakes in my past. As a teenager, I was wild and crazy. I did many things I'm not proud of. I know I did not treat my mother with the respect she deserved. I took her for granted and disregarded her feelings. I was mean and at times hateful and unappreciative. I put my mom literally through Hell. While most days I can accept these things for what they are; things that led me to who I am today; other days Satan tries to use guilt to weigh me down. I know that I have been forgiven, but sometimes, it is hardest to forgive ourselves.




This song always makes me think of my mother. My brother and I each chose a song to play at her funeral, and this was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com