Wednesday, February 23, 2011

30 DOT Day 1

Something you hate about yourself.


Wow, nice one for the first day, right? I could take the obvious and go with my weight (cos really who doesn't hate theirs) but I think I will dig a little more and see what else there is.


I guess I would have to say, I hate that I try to push away those who care most about me, mainly my husband. I think this is partly because I haven't seen marriage last forever, so I guess I don't expect mine to. Inside there is this part of me that tries to sabotage the great thing I have going for me with my husband. There are probably still some subconscious Dad issues that no matter how hard I try to get rid of, they still linger as well (more on that another day).


But as for my husband; he is truly the best man I have ever met, and if you know me, you know he must have the patience of Job. I am blessed beyond what I could ever deserve and still sometimes forget to appreciate it.


This is the song that we used to listen to all the time at Waffle House (yeah thats where a lot of our dates were), which then became the first song we danced to at our wedding. Which is odd because neither of us like country music in general. Rambling aside, that is definitely something I hate about myself.

2 comments:

  1. Ya'll have been together a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...what a good post...something that I deal with too...not wanting to get too close to my husband as well...but He loves me still....God knows just what we need in our husbands, and He gives it to us.
    Something I have to work on, and since this deployment...(yeah God knows) I have missed him so much, and I appreciate him so much more than I ever have... I don't think I would do the 30 days of truth, I can't be that honest right now.
    Thank God that He works all things together for good..to them that Love God.

    ReplyDelete

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com