Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hi, my name is Melissa and...

I get stuck in the Dollar Tree! Today Lilly and I went to get some accessories for a slumber party she was going to. And as always, I scoped out the beauty section... big mistake! Here's some pics of what I got

N.Y.C. lip glosses are in Quick Sand, Magenta and Red Rock Canyon.
L'Oreal Crayon Grande are in Port, Be Mine and Crimson.
L'Oreal Wear Infinite in Ebony, Rich Plum and Lavender.


Of all my purchases, my favorites are the N.Y.C. glosses. These are my first products from this brand and I am actually quite impressed. They're nice and pigmented and and not too sticky feeling. I can see myself keeping these in my makeup bag for everyday use.



The eyeliners definitely have potential, they do go on smoothly. I'll have to try them out and see how they wear. I don't really get the feel of it being a "silky powder eyeliner", as it states but eh, maybe it is.





 And here's the bummer of the bunch. The lip crayon in Port. As you can see from the swatch it applies uneven and tries to goop up. The other two colors aren't as bad, but they all have a funky odor... like old, cheap crayons. I don't think I'll be using these often at all.


Overall, I think I found some good deals. So do you have the same problem? Get sucked into dollar stores and spend more than you need to?

1 comment:

  1. hi Melissa, I have been searching for the L'Oreal Wear Infinite powder eye liner in Rich Plum since it was discontinued. Did you see any others at the at the Dollar Tree?? I am down to my last one. :(


    Thanks, Megan

    ReplyDelete

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com