Tuesday, April 5, 2011

'Fess up

Welp, here goes...
I admit it.
I am a baby.

For all my efforts to be a grown up; there are times (more frequent than I care to mention) when I would much rather be a child. Maybe it's because my own childhood sucked. Ask me about it one day, we can talk over coffee and compare sob stories.Maybe it's because I long for days filled with nothing but Scooby Doo and scrambled eggs. Mmm, I could go for some cheesy scrambled eggs right about now. Perhaps it's because responsibility can be overwhelming and relationships can be messy. Reasoning aside, when it comes down to it, adulthood isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I hear my daughter say she wishes she was a grown up and I remember saying that exact thing. Now what I wouldn't give to go back to the days when Mom would brush my hair as she blow dried it in the living room. She would sit on the couch and I in the floor in front of her. It seemed like such a simple thing; but over the past few days I have wistfully thought about her, the scent of shampoo and the gentle feathering she would do to my hair as she dried it.



So there ya have it. A grown woman who desperately longs to be in the arms of her mother, but won't get that this side of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com