Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One time at church camp...

Well today I signed my baby up for church camp. Sigh, she's getting older which unfortunately means I am too! I know she will have a great time, and it's only for two and a half days, but the mom in me is gonna miss her. I never went to camp as a kid, but when I worked at McDonough Christian Church I did go as a counselor (I guess that's what you'd call it) and had as much fun as the kids! I know Lilly will play, learn, laugh and grow closer to God through it.

So my question is this, do you have a hard time letting your children grow up? Are there milestones that when they hit them, you had to acknowledge the fact that they're growing up? The days of Lilly wanting to sit and snuggle are long gone, that was one for me. When she no longer wanted to just sit with me and watch cartoons (which I love). Her first day of public school was tough for me too. For her K3, K4 and Kindergarten years, I worked at the same school she went to, so she was just down the hall from my classroom. Her entry into public school was the first time I was  unable to walk down the hall and peek in her classroom if I wanted to (not that I did that when we were at MCA but the opportunity was there).

Anyways, that's what's going through my mind today as we approach summer. What's going on in your world?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! :) I just tagged you for fun - http://ohsillymng.blogspot.com/2011/05/do-you-know-your-abcs_18.html

    ReplyDelete

www.melissasrandommusings.blogspot.com